Finger Painting Finger Painting

4 out of 10

BASTARD ROAD - Pilot BASTARD ROAD - Pilot

This gets an automatic 5 because of Brian Posehn.

Stu-Boy & Piv-Boy S2E9 Stu-Boy & Piv-Boy S2E9

A great end to a truly great series.

T-Rex Doing a Sweet Kick Flip! T-Rex Doing a Sweet Kick Flip!

You can't do kickflips in space, silly.

Da Funk Da Funk

Not bad at all! This kind of feels like a pilot made for Nickelodeon, and that's a compliment. Plus your style's nice and somewhat charming. I look forward to seeing what else you're capable of!

Expectations: A Pikachu Tale Expectations: A Pikachu Tale

Ugh. The team here has plenty of potential to make something good, but there's nothing of substance here. Nothing makes it stand out among the rest of the many, many Pokemon parodies on this websites. The animation was polished well, and the fight sequences weren't too shabby, but the story and the voice acting were subpar.

And the female Pikachu being sexualized? Voiced by a male? And plenty of clipping in the voice acting mixing? That's what makes this worse than the other Pokemon parodies.

RetroSleep responds:

I never said that Pikachu was a female, males can't wear ribbons on there head and be called Mom?

Anyways I agree with you, we would love to make not parodies but this is a consumers market and we know what you want to consume.

Face Value Parodies.

The Reward: Tales of Alethrion - "The First Hero" The Reward: Tales of Alethrion - "The First Hero"

An absolute masterpiece.

An Unhealthy Relationship An Unhealthy Relationship

Not too shabby. You have a nice style!

The Ownians The Ownians

Why is this still so great?

TmsT's "Spy and Sentry" TmsT's "Spy and Sentry"

There's no question at all of the astounding animation value we have here. This is fantastic to watch and I greatly enjoy the throwback Looney Tunes-esque animation. That said, there is one aspect to this short that I do not enjoy, and that's it treatment of the female characters as merely objects of the protagonist's affection. The writing could've worked, hell, at first I thought it was a charming setup (that was a brilliant use of Beatles for the montage). But as soon as it got all sexual and one dimensional with the actual sentry, I wasn't really enjoying it anymore.

Again, I'm just an advocate for characters in animation having a little more depth than they seem to get, and if you're going to include women, try not to give them the same tired archetype they constantly get molded into. It's kinda sexist, and a blemish on what otherwise is a great work.